A Great Place to work
We value our staff as individuals and aim to help them to achieve their full potential we:
- offer excellent staff benefits and rewards
- provide a work environment encouraging staff views, team working and joint problem solving
- treat staff fairly, equally and welcoming staff from a range of backgrounds
- recognise the importance of a good work life balance
- offer access to training opportunities and at least 5 days training a year
- make sure staff receive full support from their line manager.
- rated as excellent by the Independent Audit Commission
- an Investor in People which shows our commitment to training and developing our staff.
Our values and behaviours
All of our staff are expected to live by our core values - the Kent Values. These values affect everything we do with customers, partners and each other.
Acting with integrity, honesty and transparency; healthy attitude to risk; welcoming and expecting change and evolving technology; working in new ways; willing to learn; working as a whole-council and treating people fairly and with respect.
Invite contribution and challenge
Working collaboratively and innovatively to find new solutions that put the interests and wellbeing of customers first; open to challenge and actively encouraging and expecting contribution.
Self-sufficient, taking personal and professional responsibility for our actions, the pace at which we work; performance and the council's money.
Dignity and respect
We do not tolerate any form of discrimination or violent behaviour towards any of our staff or customers. Read our dignity and respect at work policy (PDF, 92.7 KB) and view our Expect Respect poster (PDF, 3.6 MB).
Our employment terms and conditions
Our full terms and conditions of employment are in the Kent Scheme (PDF, 974.2